Businesses of all sizes need to protect their IT environments from the dangers posed by hackers and threat actors. This includes the small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that may have previously been able to get by with a limited emphasis on digital security. In today’s threat landscape, all companies need to address the dangers posed to the survival of their businesses by cyberattacks.
Why All Businesses Need Comprehensive Cybersecurity
Large companies with extensive IT environments are familiar with the need to expend the financial and technical resources necessary to defend themselves from cyber threats. Their enterprise data assets make attractive targets for threat actors intent on achieving financial gains. Consequently, most large organizations have implemented the tools, processes, and procedures required to keep them safe.
In the past, many small businesses did not need to focus on protecting their computing environments. They often used paper records and did not have the type of electronic data that interested threat actors. That changed as companies of all sizes have undergone the digital transformation necessary to remain competitive in today’s market.
Now, businesses of all sizes have digital data and intellectual property that need to be protected. Large and small companies involved in ecommerce digitally store sensitive payment card data and personal customer details that are valuable to cybercriminals. This information needs to be effectively secured to protect a company and its customers.
Unfortunately, many smaller businesses have little experience implementing effective security measures. They may also have to work with a limited IT budget. Despite these impediments, SMBs need to take the necessary steps to protect their IT environments. An Extended Detection and Response (XDR) solution can help them achieve the level of cybersecurity they require.
How Cybersecurity Costs Get Out of Control
Protecting an IT environment is not a trivial exercise. For SMBs with limited financial resources, it can be extremely challenging to successfully implement a sufficient level of cybersecurity. The financial costs of providing effective cybersecurity are affected by the following factors.
- The increasing complexity of modern IT environments may require multiple cybersecurity solutions to provide effective protection. Cloud, hybrid, and multi-cloud infrastructures are more expensive to secure than legacy on-premises data centers.
- The cost of cybersecurity software and solutions can be prohibitive. In some cases, multiple solutions offer overlapping functionality but are necessary to address a company’s complex computing environment.
- Complex pricing models may result in organizations overpaying for cybersecurity tools. This problem can plague SMBs that have limited experience in trying to protect cloud resources.
- Cyber insurance is becoming a popular safeguard that enables companies to defray the costs of a data breach. SMBs may not have room for this type of additional protection in their IT budget.
- The costs of addressing a data breach can put an SMB out of business. This is especially true if measures such as obtaining cyber insurance have not been exercised.
- Providing cybersecurity education and awareness training adds to the expense of protecting an IT environment. Investment in this kind of training can be instrumental in keeping the infrastructure secure but is often overlooked due to budgetary constraints.
- Hiring skilled cybersecurity professionals with the requisite experience is often not an option for SMBs. Solutions such as XDR that can be used by everyone on the IT team help effectively address this problem.
The Challenges of Implementing Cybersecurity with Limited Resources
SMBs have to make difficult decisions regarding how to maximize their limited IT budgets and resources. In some cases, they may have to choose between software solutions that enhance their competitive standing and those that protect the environment. Following are some of the biggest challenges associated with implementing effective cybersecurity measures with limited financial resources.
- Many companies cannot afford to hire the experienced personnel necessary to manage complex cybersecurity solutions. SMBs in particular find it difficult to provide a dedicated security team. Individuals with minimal cybersecurity skills are often tasked with protecting the IT environment.
- Companies migrating to the cloud to gain a competitive edge may not have the budget flexibility to adequately protect the new environment. They are faced with a financial choice that can result in the implementation of inferior cybersecurity solutions to safeguard business-critical applications.
- The combined cost of the multiple software cybersecurity solutions necessary to protect a complex environment may involve hard choices that favor certain areas of the infrastructure. This sets a dangerous precedent that can result in exploitable system vulnerabilities directly related to a lack of financial resources.
The Financial Benefits of Implementing Samurai XDR
Samurai XDR offers companies a cost-effective cybersecurity solution focused on identifying known and emerging threats to an IT environment. This cloud-based, SaaS offering addresses the needs of modern, data-driven businesses to protect themselves from the sophisticated and continually evolving dangers raised by threat actors.
The following financial benefits of Samurai XDR make it an attractive platform for SMBs challenged by budgetary constraints.
- Businesses can implement Samurai XDR via a simple and cost-effective SaaS pricing model. There are not complicated technical processes to go through to determine the cost of Samurai XDR. It is easy to incorporate into an SMB’s IT budget with no guessing about how much the solution will cost.
- Samurai XDR provides SMBs with excellent cybersecurity functionality at a reasonable price. Companies can afford to implement the threat detection capabilities necessary to secure their IT environments from existing and evolving dangers.
- The level of threat intelligence and protection available from Samurai XDR has previously been reserved for large enterprises with extensive, dedicated cybersecurity teams.
- The comprehensive integration of diverse telemetry simplifies the tasks necessary to monitor the environment. Samurai XDR’s consolidated interface eliminates the need for limited technical personnel to track multiple consoles. This helps SMBs without the budget for focused cybersecurity teams effectively protect their business-critical IT systems.
- The threat intelligence powering Samurai’s detection engine is provided by NTT, a global leader in cybersecurity. Leveraging NTT’s Tier 1 internet backbone, Samurai XDR identifies emerging threats quickly so they can be addressed before causing damage to the environment.
Download theDownload Now
How XDR Simplifies Implementing Robust Cybersecurity
20 September 2023 | XDR
Implementing robust cybersecurity is a complex undertaking. The individuals responsible for securing an IT environment must have the knowledge and...
How XDR Helps SMBs Provide Cost-Effective Cybersecurity
13 September 2023 | XDR
Businesses of all sizes need to protect their IT environments from the dangers posed by hackers and threat actors. In...
How Samurai XDR Boosts Security by Efficiently Detecting Threats
8 September 2023 | XDR
The threat landscape affecting an organization’s IT environment is constantly changing. Threat actors working alone or in organized groups are...